While making my second book: Painting With an Elelphant, I went through the normal process of editing/proofing and then reviewing the sample book.
After receiving my first proof, I realized I wasn’t clear on who my audience would be (one of the first things an author should know). I decided it was a children’s book. I envisioned adults sitting down with a child on their lap and reading the book together, being amazed at the elephant learning a new painting style.
A subsequent proof made me decide the color of the color was not right, so I changed it from this grey to the bright green that is on the final book.